Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Playing with shutter speed and light

I in no way can claim I know what I am doing but yesterday, while Bella Boop was doing her homework, I started messing with the shutter speed and aperture.

She really is the best subject for multiple picture taking. All I had to do was point the lens at her and she would stop whatever she was doing and smile.
In more than one of these pictures she has a mouth full of chips.




The first picture is my favorite, though she has too many shadows on her face.
The picture on the bottom was using a little trick Doug showed me to diffuse the flash with a tissue. The focus is not really sharp, so I must work on that.

I wish I had written down f stops and all that to tell you what I did, but I didn't think about it till just this minute.

This, in no way, shows the amount of picture that kid sat there and let me take of her. But it shows the different settings I was trying to figure out and play with.

I finally decided the kid needed to get back to her homework and started taking pictures of flowers.

Those will be in my next post.

The wireless thingy came in today so it's time to set that up and see what it can do. ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment